Return To Play Documents Approved!
Softball Manitoba's Return To Play document has been approved and we've been given the go ahead as of June 1, 2020!!!
Our tentative schedule is as follows:
- June 1-16: Leagues review Softball Manitoba’s RTP Procedures and educate all their teams, get registration going again and have teams start practicing.
- June 17 & beyond: League play.
- Registration deadline will be pushed until early-mid July.
- Provincials will be re-scheduled for the following weekends in August (age category assignments and locations are still in the works);
- August 6-9, 2020
- August 13-16, 2020
- August 20-23, 2020
- Provincial Registration deadline will be mid-July.
In terms of coach certifications for Provincials, we will be using the following standards.
- All ‘B’ Provincials - once coach must have their Community Softball Ongoing Participation OR have completed Foundations of Coaching Softball: Part 1 (available online via The Locker).
- U12 ‘A’ Provincials - once coach must have their Community Softball Ongoing Participation OR have completed Foundations of Coaching Softball: Part 1 (available online via The Locker).
- U14 - U19 ‘A’ Provincials - Head coach must be Competition Introduction Certified and Assistant Coaches must be Competition Introduction Trained.
- ALL HEAD COACHES, ASSISTANT COACHES AND MANAGERS MUST HAVE COMPLETED RESPECT IN SPORT WITHIN THE LAST FIVE YEARS -http://www.softball.mb.ca/english/programs/coaching/coaching-requirements.html
Please be patient with us as we work with Softball Manitoba to finalize what our season will look like. We will communicate the plan to our members ASAP.