Player evaluations for the 2017 softball season are coming up soon. If your daughter is interested in trying out for the 'B' Team at their age level, they are required to attend NESA's player evaluation session(s). There will be separate sessions for general skills, batting, and pitching.
General skills evaluations are scheduled as follows:
- U10 (2007-08) - Thursday Aril 6th 6:00 to 8:00 pm at Westview School
- U12 (2005-06)- Monday April 10th 6:00 to 8:00 pm at Radisson School
- U14 (2003-04)- Monday April 3rd 6:00 to 8:00pm at Radisson School
- U16 (2001-02)- Tuesday April 4th, 8:00 to 10:00pm at Radisson School
- U18 (1999-2000)- Tuesday April 11th 8:00 to 10:00pm at Radisson School
Batting and Pitching Evaluations will be held on April 1st at Gateway Community Centre.
- U10 - 9:00AM to 10:30AM
- U12 - 10:30AM to 12:00PM
- U14 - 12:30 PM to 2:00PM
- U16/18 - 2:00PM to 4:00PM
Please register your daughter in the age group for their birth year.
All players must be registered with their club for the 2017 softball season prior to attending NESA player evaluations.
Please use our online registration form to sign up for player evaluations.
The North East Softball Association will be holding their Annual General Meeting in May. We will be holding elections for the following positions.
- Organizer for fund raising events
- Learn to Play Coordinator: "Learn to Play" is one of our most important levels since it introduces children to the game in the hopes that they continue in the sport for a long time. In order to host clinics for this grass roots age group, we need someone to “field” calls and emails for the clinics.
Who should attend? Anyone interested in the sport of softball remaining a part of the North East area of Winnipeg! Thankfully, softball continues to grow in this area. Without volunteers, we cannot host teams in the area, though. If you can spare a couple of hours a month for a meeting and a few hours here and there to enhance the sport of softball, we'd greatly appreciate having you on-board.
On Saturday June 20th, NESA presents the LTP JAMBOREE at Valley Gardens Community Centre from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
The day's events consist of the following:
- Each LTP team will play their final game of the season
- Each player will receive a coupon for a hotdog lunch
- There will be a visit from Lionel the Boston Pizza Mascot
- An exhibition game between the U16B and U18B NESA teams
- Each LTP player will receive a medal
We are also asking each player to participate in our Friendship Jar fundraiser..
This is how it works
You fill up any type of container (dollar store water bottles are popular for this), you fill them up with dollar store items, pencils, stickers, candy etc, anything you would like to put in.. We will collect the jars in the morning and they will all be numbered, after your player has finished their game they can come and draw a number for $2.00 and they will win the jar matching that number.
We ask that each player bring one jar so that everyone can participate in this activity
Valley gardens is holding their carnival that weekend as well, so there will be additional activities going on with that as well.
See you there...
A big thanks to all that volunteered their time to make this event such a great success, and to the U16B and U18B teams for donating their time and skills to inspire the next generation of NESA softball players.